Introduction and Scope
When we refer to “Redeem,” “we,” “our,” or “us” in this policy, we are referring to Redeem UK Limited, 6th Floor One London Wall, London, United Kingdom, EC2Y 5EB.
Redeem operates Sky Trade in (which is why you see ‘powered by Redeem’ on the website and at the bottom of your emails about Sky Trade in) and is the data controller of any personal data collected and used by us as part of that service.
2. If you have any questions about the collection or use of your Personal Data through the Website or if you would like to exercise any of your legal rights, or if you no longer wish to receive information about products and services, you should contact Redeem by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Redeem will deal with your query within 48 hours. You can see more on your legal rights below in section 9 below.
3. Redeem may collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
a. information that you provide by filling in the forms/boxes on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to Redeem’s service, posting material or requesting further services. Redeem may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with the Website;
b. if you contact us, Redeem may keep a record of that correspondence;
c. Redeem may also ask you to complete surveys that Redeem uses for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; and
d. details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for Redeem’s own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Use and Storage of Personal Data
a. to register you with the Website and to administer the Website services;
b. to carry out Redeem’s obligations arising from any Contracts entered into between you and Redeem;
c. to help improve Sky Trade in;
d. to help improve the content of the Website and the service Redeem offers to users of the Website;
e. to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
f. for internal audit purposes.
5. If you have opted in to receive marketing information, Redeem may use your Personal Data in the following ways:
a. to keep you informed of the latest, Sky Trade in and other group companies’ products and services by any of the following methods: Email, Telephone, SMS and MMS text message and other electronic messages such as picture messaging and Post. If you wish to receive information of such products and services, please tick the opt-in box provided when registering on this website; you can change this preference at any time;
b. to administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter;
c. to provide users with information regarding updates or additional services available through the Website;
d. to improve Redeem’s profile of you so that Redeem can provide you with a better and more personal service;
e. to carry out Redeem’s own demographic research analysis. For this purpose, Redeem may combine your information in aggregated form (i.e. anonymous) with information about other users; and
6. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Redeem will do its best to protect your Personal Data, Redeem cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once Redeem has received your Personal Data, Redeem will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our Services are not directed to children under 16. If you learn that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us.
Disclosure of Personal Data
7. Redeem may give Personal Data about you to employees and agents of Redeem to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by Redeem now or in the future, who may use it for purposes related to the use of the Website.
8. Redeem may disclose your Personal Data to any member of Redeem’s group of companies, partners or affiliates, which includes Redeem’s subsidiaries, Redeem’s ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act 2006, and any other companies associated or connected with Sky Trade in.
9. During changes to our business structure. If we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Redeem's assets, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of our business.
10. Redeem may disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
a. to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Redeem personnel, other users and the public;
b. to any company or other entity acquiring all or part of the business of Redeem but on strict condition that your information will continue to be used only in accordance with the terms of this Private Policy;
c. to enforce its above Terms and Conditions;
d. where Redeem is under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
e. for the purposes of fraud protection and crime reduction (including by providing information to the police about any stolen, blocked, counterfeit or fake Devices); and
f. to carry out Redeem’s marketing and promotional communications where you have opted in, and research and analysis (in an aggregated form only).
g. We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process other information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services.
11. We may engage third parties based outside of the EEA to process information and support our business; where we do so, we shall ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to your personal data as it would be inside the EEA, and we will comply with the rules about international transfers of personal data.
IP Addresses and Cookies
12. Redeem may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Redeem takes security seriously. We take various steps to protect information you provide to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology.
Third Party Links
15. The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of Redeem’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and Redeem does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
16. Data collected by Redeem may be retained depending on the following ways;
a. If you were to opt in to receive marketing data, your name and email address will be retained for five years after your last transaction;
b. If you didn’t opt in, your personal data mentioned in section 3 of this policy, for three years after your last transaction;
c. Your order information will be kept for seven years due to financial regulations.
Your legal rights
17. You have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
a. Request access to your personal data: this enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
b. Request correction of your personal data: this enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us;
c. Request erasure of your personal data: this enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request;
d. Object to processing of your personal data: this enables you to object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms;
e. Request restriction of processing your personal data: this enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it;
f. Request transfer of your personal data: we will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you; and
g. Right to withdraw consent: withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
18. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please see our contact details in section 2 above.
19. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we will post any changes on this page. If you continue to use the Services after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy.